Hey guys, Movie Maniac here, and we have some breaking news coming from WB/DC. It has been confirmed that Jessie Eisenberg (The Social Network, Zombieland, Now You See Me, etc.) has been cast as Lex Luthor in the upcoming Man of Steel sequel: Batman vs. Superman!!!
Initially, I was thinking "well that was unexpected." Now that I put some thought into it, I think it is a good choice because I believe Jesse Eisenberg has not been given the credit he deserves as an actor and I think with this film, it will put everyone on notice that he has dimensions in his acting. He has to have dimensions in order to play Lex Luthor. My only gripe to this announcement is that I believe he should bulk up, not a lot, but enough to convince film fans that he can go toe-to-toe with the Man of Steel. I doubt he will be fighting Superman in this upcoming film, but, I am sure he will be in the Justice League film, whenever that film actually do hit theaters. All in all, good casting by WB/DC, not the expected choice, but, hey most decisions that has been made for this film has been unexpected and this was no different.
Now, the second piece of news: WB/DC jas cast Jeremy Irons as Alfred!! Mostly known for many television appearances over the years on shows like True Blood, Parks and Recreation, etc., James Irons seems like a good addition as well. Again, it is an unexpected one, but, a good one nonetheless.
Anyway, tell me what you guys think about the casting choices. Do you think they are good fits? Let me know in the box below.
And As Always, I'm the Movie Maniac and I'm Frantic About Film :D
No comments:
Post a Comment